Fear of sleeping alone

by - Saturday, January 09, 2016

phobia

Hey guys! Recently, my twin sister went for holiday (without me), for about 7 days? She went to Malacca first, on the 31st - celebrated New Years with her friends (this is the second year we didn't celebrate together), then she went to Singapore on 2nd of Jan till the 6th to visit our friend Alya and her family. Throughout the whole 6 nights of her being away, I slept with the lights on. I always have a hard time sleeping with the lights switched on, but I had to. Why you may ask.. (or you figured it out already thanks to the post title). It's because I find it difficult to sleep alone. You know, by myself. Especially when my sister is not around. Just to put it out there, this is not an overly-attached-sister-situation because we fight 24/7 and don't usually spend our days together all the time, it's a love-hate relationship, but I just have problems when it comes to sleeping alone at night.

Since the day I was born, I slept in the same room with her. When we were old enough to sleep on proper beds, our parents bought us a double decker bed. The initial idea was that I get the top bunk and my sister, the bottom. It didn't work out. Both of us shared the bottom bunk and the top one was filled with our toys. Ha... When we entered high school, my family and I shifted house (twice), and we still shared the same twin sized bed. As you can see, she's always with me (or beside me) when I'm sleeping. The only time we sleep separately is when we go for camps, holidays or personal trips. So ya, I have trouble sleeping alone. I can sleep, but, it takes a while for me to actually fall asleep because of the lights. #storyofmylife

Now that she's back, I'm happy - I can sleep without the lights switched on. Yayyy :)

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram